Submissions are now open on a consultation paper for a rule change request from Energy Networks Australia (ENA) which would allow Transmission Network Service Providers (TNSPs) to directly pass on new AEMO participant fees to their customers.
The rule change request seeks to establish an efficient administrative process for TNSPs to recover the cost of AEMO’s participant fees that have been newly allocated to them.
Key features of the proposed rule are:
• amendments to revenue and pricing methodologies to allow for direct cost recovery, rather than recovery through an AER revenue determination,
• alignment of AEMO’s budgeting process and TNSPs’ publication of transmission charges, and
• clarifying transfer payment arrangements between a Co-ordinating Network Service Provider (CNSP) and a TNSP.
The key dates for stakeholders in this process are as follows:
• Initiation of rule change process and publication of this consultation paper: 28 April 2022
• Due date for written requests not to use the expedited process: 12 May 2022
• Due date for submissions to the consultation paper: 26 May 2022
• Commission publishes final determination and final rule (if made): 23 June 2022
Visit project page for more information and contact details.